it's asparagus not asparagrass, a query about the 'slang' and whatever else it can be determined.

define it... no matter how you slice it, it's asparagus.

and i can't find the origins of where asparagrass came from? is it bad english, accent misrepresentations?

old world speak?

apparently people have faught over it's correct pronounciations...

so? any historical efforts and experience here on the situation?

just curious.

(yes i've looked things up and no real explaination other than it's about stupidity but.... that doesn't explain that.)

yes, wikipedia was also checked out.

i grew up on the farm.. and it was asparagus... though we had other backwords speaksay... but never about that stalk of delicious green...

so in this forum through the archives i've seen much asparagrass speak.... where'd it come from on your situation?

no, i'm not making fun.. because i understand how words can be presented differently... sometimes even spoke 'correctly' but with accents involved others can soon manipulate the word into a formation that is deemed 'incorrect'.

growing up with german accents and the language (no, i never mastered the language amazingly enough) many words suffered through the mistaken identities, spelling adjustments and people correcting us.

IE: stolen to us we thought we spoke it correctly.. as "stolen" but no.. our accents folks thought we said stol-den. and we suffered mostly for it through insultery and 'they're just ignorant backwoods folks".

so....

back to asparagrass.

knew a man who suffered most because he never heard it said that way before... nor have i, until i met her.

she threatened death upon us.. because it wasn't asparagus.. my god it was asparagrass or else!

?

enlightenments?

why is it asparagrass?

thanks for your imputs.. experiences and any logical information that i can find on the net and footnotes!

yrs,

:D

Reply to
e-vamp

Not very well apparently.

Reply to
Billy

Well heck, it's obviously "A Spear Grass"!! I know a lady who calls it Asper-Grass. Whatever. Asparagus by any other name would still make your pee smell funny.

Reply to
none

David Hare-Scott

y.- Hide quoted text -

even raw it does that.

since this query i've heard...

sperrygrass, spergrus, and one kid said: asparaGROSS.

eh!

Reply to
e-vamp