Is my BT good?

Here I am in the middle of a Tent Caterpillar infestation and am feeling frugal. My question is rather BT (Bacillum Thurengus SP?) will hold over a year or so. I guess I will find out because I sprayed the critters with the old spray, but if enough of you reply that BT goes dead in a year I will go out and buy fresh BT spray. Thanks, Ken.

Reply to
Kenneth D. Schillinger

I blast the nests with a propane torch,

Ray

Reply to
Ray Drouillard

I know I have used the same container of BT for 3 or 4 years and it still seemed to be completely effective against cabbage worms. I use the dry wetible powder form. I have the feeling you might be using the liquid.

Steve

Kenneth D. Schill> Here I am in the middle of a Tent Caterpillar infestation and am feeling > frugal.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Kenneth D. Schillinger

I have used the Safer brand liquid and found it to be good for several years, but I have also had a Bonide brand liquid that never even worked the first year I bought it. It had the appearance of being curdled and smelled putrid. I think it had been frozen. Will that ruin it? The Safer stuff had a sweet smell and a much smoother appearance.

Lightnin Dave

Reply to
Lightnin Dave

They're living beasties.. I'd imagine freezing wouldn't do it much good as storage at high temperatures wouldn't.. anything curdled and stinking.. I'd say is dead. Janice

Reply to
Janice

I asked if BT would be good after a year or so and received several replies. Thanks to those of you whom replied. For your information I am happy to say that all of the tent cats I sprayed are dead. I guess that BT will last for a while after it has been opened. Ken..

Reply to
Kenneth D. Schillinger