Hokkaido Squash

I planted seeds saved from a green (with light stripes) Hokkaido squash. This was the tastiest sweet squash we have ever had. Do any of you know if this is a hybrid? I'm wondering what this planting will produce. Also, I see red/orange Hokkaidos on the net. Do they have a different flavor from the green? E-mail if you wish. George (in Colorado)

Reply to
George

I planted them once and didn't get anything. Maybe I should try again. If you keep the seed pure, you should be able to produce your own seed. I have allowed squash to cross pollinate, and their seeds grew squash the next year.

I don't know why you are seeing different color Hokkaido squash, the ones I have seen were as you described. I spent two years in Hokkaido, and thought I would give them a try. Now that you have said that they are very good, I might try them again.

(What part of CO. We lived in Ft Collins for nearly 18 years)

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne