Garlic harvest finished!

The garlic has been hanging in the shed curing for a while, but I finally got to trimming, weighing, etc. 76 pounds of assorted varieties, so I should be all set for the winter at least. For the truly obsessed, there's a spreadsheet on my personal page in the .sig at the end of this. And none too soon; I need to crack some bulbs apart and start planting before the snow flies.

Cheers....

Gary Woods

Planted 15 varieties today. I hope it wasnt to early.

Reply to
Aluckyguess

Where are you located? The rule of thumb I've heard is to plant 6-8 weeks before ground frost, which most years at my location is well into December. Ideally, you want the garlic to put down good root growth before the ground freezes, but little if any top growth. More rules to be severely bent... I do things when I can!

We had our first real frost last night; there was just the lightest "kiss" of frost a couple of weeks ago. Didn't even kill the Basil. I'm sure this one did; the squash foliage is already looking wilted out there.

Gary Woods

Southern ca. Sometimes we never get a frost. Around easter it starts to get cold.

Reply to
Aluckyguess

I meant Halloween. Don't know why I said Easter.

Reply to
Aluckyguess