Beet tops slowly being destroyed

In our many years of gardening, we have never experienced this problem. Any idea what is eating away at the beet greens? Solution? Garden is protected by electric net. Insect? TIA

Reply to
Al

If there are no obvious insects visible in the daytime, slugs and/or earwigs would be my guess. Go out at night with a flashlight.

Use "Sluggo" for the slugs (safe for pets and people, very effective) and soap spray or traps for the earwigs.

Cheers, Sue

Reply to
SugarChile