Interior 10' swirled mansard ceiling. Reappearing cracks due to temperature changes.

When the room gets warm, a small crack appears at the joint between the flat ceiling and the the ceiling pieces that slope to the walls. It disappears when the room cools off. I've tried joint compound and it looks great until it gets warm again. Then I have a crack which goes away when it gets cool.
I cannot use paper or fiberglass joint tape because of the swirl pattern on the ceiling.
Reply to
Beth
Caulk them instead. Latex Caulk will hold paint beautifully and move with the seam's mood. You may have to caulk up to 3-times to get it perfectly flat and flush with the drywall, but it should last a good long time.
Reply to
Anonymous

Site Timeline Threads

  • I need to fit a new rad. The wall I'm fitting it to is brick wall. With 12mm...

    Drywall

  • I need to fit a new rad. The wall I'm fitting it to is brick wall. With 12mm...
  • last updated in

    Drywall

  • I need to fit a new rad. The wall I'm fitting it to is brick wall. With 12mm...
  • last posted in

    Drywall