using sealant

Hi,

How to you get a perfect run of sealant when using a sealant gun? I know it sounds daft but I struggle to get a good run when I use my sealant gun. I wet my finger afterwards and run it over the sealant but it still looks like an amaturish job. I know I could use masking tape but when I peel the tape off afterwards I'll have 2 rough edges standing proud. I had a tiler some years back tile my kitchen and somehow his runs were perfect.

Thanks.

Reply to
Conna

You might get a better bead if you push the sealant gun forwards away from you, instead of pulling it backwards towards you. I find that a wet cling-film covered finger gives a much smoother finish than using a wet finger.

Reply to
DIY

We bought this

really is as good as it says.