trouble with internal flush-pipe connector on low-level WC

I have had to replace the pan of our low-level toilet and am having trouble fitting the internal flush-pipe connector. I am able to push the connector onto the flush pipe OR push the connector into the pan, but I dont seem able to do both !!!

When the connector is in the pan, and I try to push the flush-pipe into it, it 'pops' out.

Does anyone have any tips ?

Reply to
spicer.sean

They are cut to fit. Sounds like you need to get a new one and cut it to fit the current positions of the connectors.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Flexible connector?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Get a new connector but make sure it is rubber, not the plastic type as these are notorious for leaking. When you fit the new rubber one, cover it in silicone grease first and it will fit easily.

ken

Reply to
Ken

... and pop out easily ;-(

A _small_ amount of soap will make it fit easily, but it will dry or wash away, which will also help stop it popping out easily, unexpectedly.

Best of all would be Hellerine Sleeve oil, used on electrical rubber sleaving. It will slide in as easily as silicone grease, but then dies out and tends to hold the rubber in place.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks All

Whilst waiting for your replies, my wife managed to fit it!!

So now I need tips on how to deal with her ;-)

Thanks for all your help.

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Reply to
spicer.sean

Buy her an adjustable King Dick for her birthday...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel