Stack Pipe

Hoping for some advice, I need to remove a 40mm waste pipe that enters my stack pipe in preparation of changing the routing of it. The 40mm pipe is solvent weld and it appears to be solvent weld into the stack pipe branch as well. Is there a preferred method to remove? I am reluctant to just heave on it as I wish to reuse the branch entry and don't want to break it.

TIA

Ian

Reply to
IED

In article , IED writes

I doubt you'll get it out without damage, saw it off 4" or so away from the branch as that will leave you some spare for screw ups or future maintenance.

Reply to
fred

Thanks Fred Thats what I was afraid of !! I'll attempt to remove, worst case I'll have to put a new branch in. Thought there might be some magic fluid that could be applied to eat the solvent weld. Oh well

Reply to
IED

In article , IED writes

I'm afraid 'weld' is exactly what it does, it's a very tough joint.

Reply to
fred

Just a though, as you want to reuse the branch I am assuming you will be using 40mm pipe again so what about cutting the original pipe off leaving enough to fit on a 40mm straight connector.

Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith

Hi Trevor, yes that is what I have done in the past, cut back as far as I can and then redo. The problem I have with this job is that there is a 90 degree solvent weld joint going up vertically almost as soon as it leaves the branch. I want to do similar but I want mine to go horizontally. It may be easier to just replace the branch. But!!!! What I don't know is, is whether I can push the stackpipe up to give me the clearance to remove, without doing some harm to where it exits through the roof. That is one place I don't want to go!!!

Ian

Reply to
IED

Well Ian the only other thing I can think of is to cap the original then use a saddle branch just below the original to take your horizontal pipe. Trevor

Reply to
Trevor Smith