Shower tray advice

I'm about to replace my old 900mm square plastic tray with a new one. It will have to be on legs for access to the trap. Are modern stone resin trays on legs quite steady or is any additional bracing recommended? I've read up about setting trays in mortar but I guess that's not necessary with legs ... is it? Also I need a waste where I can get easy access to clean gunge out. My present one is forever blocking up and taking ages to drain off and I'm fed up with poking it clean - any recommendations?

Is the Mira Flight tray worth the money ? It's £150 on the net. Is there a better one?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reply to
John B

I bought one of these

MORE than happy with it. VERY solid. 5 Adjustable feet plenty of room to empty the trap under it.

HTH

Reply to
LardMan

I have recently replaced a shower tray.

Best thing I changed was to a 'top access waste drain' Grid is lifted off easily and the drain part by rotating 90 degrees and removing.

Colin

Reply to
Colin Jackson