Sash Window Lock

Is there a gadget / lock for sash windows available that allows them to be left slightly open but still secure?

------- Trebor

-------

Reply to
Trebor

The screw through type can be positioned to allow the window to open a little.

Reply to
BigWallop

In article , Trebor writes

Yes there are 3 here:

WS1 (pricey), Bramah Rola R1/06 (less so) and ERA 822 (cheapie) Note that the ERA is the only one to come in pairs (the only way to fit them) so the others are actually up to 4x the cost. I also prefer the style of the ERA as you don't have to drill such a large hole in the sash but the others have the benefit that the locking post sinks into the window rather than being removed. You can get these and DIY sheds too.

Note also that all of these are IMHO better than this one:

which I feel is more susceptible to force attack. The locking piece is larger on the previous, they come with a striker plate for the other sash and the tabbed style of the body resists twisting out under force.

You did mean _sliding_ sashes didn't you . . .

Reply to
fred

Thanks gents just what I'm looking for!

------- Trebor