Replacing dry lining socket boxes

I'm about to tile the walls in my kitchen. The walls are dry lined and I'm concerned about the tiles becoming loose as I've noticed that when plugs are pulled in and out of the sockets the plasterboard flexes. Should I be thinking about replacing the dry ling mounting box on the sockets with a steel box which is fixed to the brickwork so giving a solid support?
"Andrew" wrote:

Yes.

I would hazard a guess that because drylining boxes are being used then the wall is most likely a studwork wall in which case there will be no brickwork to fix to ?? Franko.

You are forgetting the latest trend of sticking plaster sheets on cinder blocks with dabs of plaster, thus leaving a gap between the sheets and blocks.

Hardly the latest trend !! - it's called drylining and I was drylining houses almost 25 years ago. The distance between the blockwork and the plasterboard varies enormously depending on a number of factors but you will find that there is normally a maximum of 15mm depth - not enough to fit drywall boxes. Franko.

The plasterboard is fixed to 70mm timber battens as there is 50mm celotex against the blocks. The kitchen used to be an outbuilding with poor insulation.
Andrew.