Repairing small hole in ceiling

House modern 12 years old and ceiling plasterboard and artexed.

Leak through ceiling meaning I had to make a hole, about 12" x 15" back to the good plasterboard.

What the best way of making a good repair?

Ken

Reply to
Ken

You can either fill it and sand it down when dry or...

Try and make it neat around its edges and cut a piece of plasterboard out

2mm smaller around the edges and nail/screw this in place if possible,the fill the gaps around the board and skim polyfilla over it and stipple with a brush to try and get the sam artex pattern?
Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Two neighbours giving me conflicting advice. One say let some ply in to fill the gap. The other says must use plasterboard then use proper tape over old and new to stop cracks but doesn't know what the tape is.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Its called *Plasteres scrim*.

Ply will flex in time.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

You'll get this cheaper at a local DIY shed or builders yard.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Thanks for your help and it will be the plasterboard with the jointing tape.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

getting the Artex to match is the real problem.

ken

Reply to
Ken

Thankfully the hole is in the darkest corner of the room and one the eye doesn't seem to go to.

I have found the guy who does some grass cutting for me is also a ex decorator so getting to do it.

Ken

Reply to
Ken