Remote phone

Does anyone know if a system exists where I can link two phones together other than wirelessly or by a long extension wire/cable? My setup is such that I have a two handpiece phone but for various reasons the secondary handpiece is struggling to make proper contact with the base (primary) handpiece (distance and walls, etc.). I have the same problem with a laptop used wirelessly at the other end of my house. I've solved the laptop problem by using a Belkin arrangement which basically couples the computers together via the mains wiring, and this works very well. I wonder whether there's something similar which would work for phones.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

Rob, Look for "One for all" or "Phone Jack". Not sure if these used dect over mains or IP over mains but are reputed to work OK

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks Bob. Phone Jack looks like just what I want.

BTW, One for all's website must be one of the swishest but most useless websites I've seen. Every product is explained from the viewpoint of someone who understands it already, rather than someone like me who's browsing generically and could do with at least a list of what they make and what it will do!

It's a bit like help screens for various bits of software that I've seen that don't even tell you what the product is for!

Rob

Reply to
Robin Graham