Old Redwood Fence (2023 Update)

Hi, I have a backyard redwood fence, about 28 years old! Can I put a concrete stain on it (BEHR) I've never used the stain but don't want it to go to waste. Thanks so much!

Reply to
PAM CHAMBERLAIN

It is possible to use a concrete stain on a redwood fence, but it may not produce the desired result. Redwood is a softwood that is naturally resistant to decay and insects, but it can be prone to discoloration and cracking over time. A concrete stain may not be able to penetrate the wood's surface and may instead sit on top of the wood, which could lead to cracking or peeling. Additionally, the stain may not be able to match the color and texture of the existing redwood. It's always best to test the stain on a small, inconspicuous area of the fence first before applying it to the entire surface.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor