New render cracking

Hi all

Just had the outside of my new extension rendered (about 10 days ago) and loads of cracks have appeared all over it. They are very narrow....but is this normal? Just want to know before I tackle the plasterer!

Jen

Reply to
MadJen

Saw a DIY programme some time ago and they suggested that to avoid cracking the two different mixes should be used in the base and top coat. e.g. 4-1 followed by 3-1 (could have been 5-1 but the principles the same).

Reply to
Brianb

Above is your very own tag?

Now tell me you answer to your own question!

Good luck, bRAINS

bRAINS

Walk a mile in the plasterers shoes then thou will know!

I know, ask a question here, then talk DOWN to the people, yeah that works with me.....

Oh King/Queen, you dun real good here

Good luck, bRAINS

bRAINS

bRAINS - am I missing something here or have you lost the plot?

The main purpose of the internet (including newsgroups) is to share information/knowledge. One of the key benefits of this is that we no longer have to believe some hairy arsed builder who tells us that "it's meant to lean that way" or "yes, those 3 inch cracks are normal". You should not feel threatened by this, the vast majority of people in the trade value their integrity and will stand by their work.

Jard

Walk a mile in the plasterers shoes then thou will know!

I know, ask a question here, then talk DOWN to the people, yeah that works with me.....

Oh King/Queen, you dun real good here

Good luck, bRAINS

Jardov

I think he's been sniffing that stuff again ;o)

Reply to
Keith W