lowering a ceiling

I'm planning on lowering my kitchen ceiling before I install a new kitchen. I was thinking of framing the room with CLS around the outside with intermediary joists at 600 centres. I plan on using bevelled edge plasterboard 2400x1200. The reason I am doing this is because the ceiling is set at different unequal heights. I appreciate that I will need to use shims etc to guarantee a level framework, any hints & tips would be much appreciated. best regards gregg

Reply to
gm1888

what i would do first find the ceiling joists and mark them then use a laser or a long spirit level to mark a datum all round the room at around eye level then measure to the ceiling to find the lowest and highest points and order appropriate materials to level this will take forever without a scaffold of some sort so i would probably hire some zip up then i would stop for tea

hth ganelg

Reply to
im