Kitchen Wall cabinet onto plasterboard

Hello all, I need to attach some wall cabinets to a kitchen wall that has a plaster board section. I was thinking about using those spiral fixings that fix into the wall with a separate screw that fixes into it. But I was also thinking about using an adhesive like "no more nails"

Has anybody tried this or can offer the best approach.

many thanks

Reply to
Oddjob

In my opinion you need to remove some of the plasterboard, insert some noggins between the studs where the kitchen wall cabinet brackets need to be fixed, replace the plaster board then hang the wall cupboards. Fixings into plasterboard with or without adhesive are not likely to be strong enough to support wall cupboards and their contents.

Reply to
DIY

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Locate the vertical studding and screw a battern say 1"x1 1/2" to them. This takes the weight of cabinet. A couple of angle brackets on the top secured to same studding will stop it falling forward

Regards

Reply to
Colin Jackson

I'd agree with setting some timber into the plasterboard wall secured to the brick/breezeblock behind. I actually used the 1x1 underneath approach too (secured with umbrella fixings) but more to help me line everything up faster and as a temp support to help me hang the cupboards on my own.

Reason I did this is when I moved into the house, things rolled out of the old kitchen cupboards. There was a half inch gap at the top where the mounts were in the process of ripping through the plasterboard wall!

HTH Midge.

Reply to
Midge