Hiding Speaker Wires

Hi there,

I have bought some new surround sound speakers and would like to hide the cables as much possible. I was thinking of gouging out the run up the wall and maybe putting some sort of tubing in and then filling back up and then running the rest of the cable behind the skirting boards??? The walls are solid as it is a really old cottage.

Any ideas for the best tool to do this?

What would be the best way to fill in afterwards?

What about for a flat screen mounted on the wall would I be able to just do something similar on a grander scale?

I am not too worried about making a mess as I will be decorating the whole room, just want to try and do a good job.

Thanks Jamie

Reply to
machine

Either an angle grinder with masonry cutting wheel such as

or a drill powered wall chaser such as
will make short work of this (wear a mask), then make good with plaster or filler such as

Phil Anthropist

I took my wires up behind the curtains, then along the plate shelf. Completely out of sight, took ten minutes.

Reply to
Stickems.