he asbestos files?

Now can one and ones friends these days dismantle an old a corrugated asbestos garage and sent the sheets and rusty bits of metal to the tip in a skip, or is this punishable by a stint in the slammer under health and safety laws? I also have a shed with a roof of the same material, both will fall over sometime in the next two years if not moved. I am blind myself, but not averse to having a go, given the accepted hazards of heavy bits of sheet falling on one and roofs giving way of course. When will they invent that sky hook?

I distrust contractors as living alone and being blind I've been fiddled before as I cannot see what they are actually doing for their hugely inflated charges!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You can chuck the metal into the skip with complete abondon - not so with the asbetos cement sheets.

The sheets need to be taken off whole if possible, and then wrapped in heavy duty polythene sheet (and any broken bits similarly wrapped) and disposed of at a licenced site. See you local council and ask them where that site is, and the arrangements needed for disposal - they should have an area where you can safely dump the stuff for free.

Cash

Reply to
Cash