furnace won't come on

I have an old gravity furnace and recently it's been cold enough to where it should have come on. But, even when I set the temp to 90, it still won't turn on. I've replaced the thermostat because I was told that these types of furnaces basically contain no moving parts to break, so I figured it might be the thermostat. Well, still no dice. What else can I check/do to get it to turn on? It worked fine last winter and we didn't do anything to it but turn down teh thermostat when it started getting warmer. Thanks!

Reply to
vtxr1300

At the base of the furnace is the unit that turns it on/off. I took the cover off of it and wiggled some of the wires and it turned on. I then went and turned the thermostat down and it shut off. Then I turned the thermostat back up, but it didn't come on again. I tried wiggling the wires again, but no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
vtxr1300

Try posting to a newsgroup in your own country. In this country, Furnace means something quite different, and we don't use US style furnaces.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Ah, sorry... I wasn't aware of that. I tried looking for this type of group for the US, but couldn't find one, so I figured I'd try here. I didn't realize they meant different things. Oh well. Thanks.

Reply to
vtxr1300