Flexible or angled caulk cartridge nozzle

One of these would have been quite handy today, but all I can find is the patents (there are several registered in the US) and US products. Anyone know any UK supplier?

If not, looks like I'll need to find some flexible hose.....

TIA, Midge.

Reply to
Midge

Don't you just cut the end of the nozzle to shape?

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

I bought some silicon a little while back from our local hardware store and it had a swivelling nozzle, sorry I can't remember what brand it was. The nozzle was so good I cleaned and kept it for future use.

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

Is it better than the normal cut-it-yourself nozzles, that require practice and a skill that I don't have to make a good job with?

Rob

Reply to
Rob Graham

Its better at getting into awkward places like behind taps, but press too hard and it swivels round whilst working which is not good.

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

LOL! I'm something of a perfectionist with my DIY - and it frustrates me no end that I often make a complete balls-up of achieving a neat silicon seal!

Reply to
Ret.

ARWadsworth

Yes - but does the kit actually work? I have tried a similar 'Plasplugs' tool and still the job did not turn out right. You lay a line of sealant, run the tool along the line, and begin to get a build-up of silicon on the tool which then 'overflows' at the sides - often making more of a mess than just running a wet finger lightly along the bead!!

Reply to
Ret.

Yes. That's what I find. Does this tool get round that problem, I wonder.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Graham

Sorry if I wasn't being that clear. I was caulking the edge of a door frame close to an adjacent wall, where I couldn't get the gun into the correct position regardless of how a standard nozzle is cut. I've hit similar issues when sealing around the back of bath mixers and the like.

So I reasoned someone must have come up with a nozzle that could be bent or was fixed at say 45 degrees to get into awkward corners. US examples:

I've found some flexible fuel hose in the garage so if the equivalent isn't available in the UK, I could just butcher a couple of nozzles and add fuel line clips to keep them in place.

Thanks, Midge.

Reply to
Midge

This 'tool' gets around that problem by not putting too much sealant down in the first place ;-)

Quoted from one of the reviews on the Screwfix site. "Worth buying, this tool cleans easy creates a neat and clean line of silicone. Requires some practice to begin with. Getting the amount of silicone on the joint first requires practice or else a lot of waste once that is established bobs your uncle!!!"

Reply to
Harry Stottle

That is about it.

And much better than a wet finger.