Extension of driveway

Hi Group

I am about to extend my driveway sideways so that it is easier to get out when someone has parked right opposite. The present drive is tarmac so I want to use it as well. What sort of thicknes of ballast and tarmac should I use. Could I get away with using a heavy garden roller to get it laid? Anything else I should look out for? TIA Robert

Reply to
Roberts

I would suggest

150 mm of MOT type 1 50mm of 20mm bitmac 15 mm of 6mm bitmac, if drive is already 6mm surfacing or 30mm of 10 mm bitmac if drive is already 10mm surfacing
Reply to
Merlin

P.S. stay away from anyone who has a little bit left over from a council job just down the road. ,I have come across many people who ask the question after the job & an empty bank account

Reply to
Merlin