Double glazing help

I am not sure if anyone can help on here but it does not hurt asking.

My Nan has had double glazing fitted today and now her surrounds are plastic and she cannot screw the little hooks that holds the cord for her net curtains into the plastic.

I know there is a certain kind of screw you can use to put into Upvc frames but I thought I would ask on here first.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Reply to
Dino M

She can screw the hooks/eyes in, the nets are lightweight however it mat affect the guarantee. If she doesn't want to damage the frame, stick a thin batten to it using no nails or for ease of removal silicon sealant or similar.

Mike

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I popped to Wilkinson's and bought an extendable light weight pole with three or four self adhesive pads (they came with it) which have hooks attached to them and hold the pole in place. The net curtain has the pole threaded through it. I was a little dubious at first on the ability of the hooks to remain in place, especially as the window is very wide and needed the extra pads to support the weight of the pole in the middle to prevent it from bending. Over a few weeks the centre ones peeled off and so what I did do is to use a small screw in the centre pads / hooks which means that they will no longer peel off and as the net curtains hide both the pads / hooks the small screw is not visible anyway. As we have had our DG units for many years I wasn't bothered about compromising the warranty. if indeed it would anyway, but drilling a small pilot hole in the UPVC first helped with the screw.

They do, I believe, sell just the self adhesive pads without the pole - but I liked the pole as all the strain on the pads is not increased by the use of the conventional 'elastic' type wire

Reply to
Morgan

I always use tension poles, simple to use and no fixing required. Take a look at cat no. 6231127 at

MillieF