door seal

Hi

Doe's anyone know of a good internal door seal method. Prefer not to use that sponge on a sticky roll stuff.

MTIA

Steve

Reply to
stevej

If the door is white, you can make a good seal with proper silicon sealent and a piece of wax.

It needs some care but the idea is to wax one side of the door heavily, and then to put a bead of silicon on the other side. Close the door and let the silicon cure.

The silicon will not stick to the wax but will match the crack around the door exactly and be unobtrusive.

Only work is cleaning the wax off after and tidying the silicon up.

Reply to
EricP

I use cling film instead of the wax... but the silicone doesn't last long and I change it each winter.

BTW, my frame is wood, so I use brown silicone sealant.

BTW2 - it also stops the door being quite so noisy when I storm out and slam it.. but you can't have everything. ;)

Reply to
Palindr☻me

You can always 'diy' & shout "BANG" on your way through the door ;-))

Don.

Reply to
Don Spumey

That reminds me of the time I worked at a large kitchen unit manufacturer. When the then (sole) owner was taking guest around on a factory tour, the assemblers on the benches used to bang their hammers etc and make a terrible din. This happened once too often and a company meeting was called where the owner said " This banging on the benches must stop, etc. etc...". Next time he was showing people around not a single hammer pounding was heard......only the assemblers shouting "BANG,BANG,BANG,BANG, BANG...." I suppose you had to be there to appreciate it.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

I was lucky, mine lasted a few years, and cling film sounds good. :))

Reply to
EricP

The door and casing is white, so I have this right you put wax or cling film (which would seem easier to clean) on the door edge which goes in to the casing and silicone bead the door rebate around the casing.

BTW- is a fire door seal an alternative ?

Cheers Steve

Reply to
stevej