Copper Strips on Roof

Hi My house suffers from lichen growth on the main roof , looking around the net , the best way to rid this is to install copper strips on the roof so it slowly poisons the lichen , anybody had any experience of doing this ? , if so where did you buy from and any tips on attaching to the roof ?

many thanks in advance

Reply to
emailuser

I heard of one major company in the Midlands facing huge fines from the Dept of the Environment. Cause - rainwater contaminated with metal leachate from their roof, and an over-zealous interest in the quality of local watercourses. So you should get away with it, until something sets off a detailed local analysis.

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

I heard many years ago that copper wire from 13A solid core cable would clear the moss collecting on my roof. Well tried it, possibly kept the moss off the tile the wires ran across, but basically not very successful. Much better to get on the roof with a broom every couple of years and brush it all off.

Reply to
Ian_m

My house is thatched and moss grew on it. But there is wire netting over the thatch and this made it difficult to remove the moss. I tried a copper wire but it didn't work so I used Pathclear and this finished the moss. It's still there, but dead. It'll fall off eventually I hope.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham