Cooker spur and socket

In my kitchen, I have a dedicated radial switched outlet which is used for an immersion heater (fused 15A). I wish to add a 13A socket in the same location (to supply a Dustbuster charger). Would it be permissible to replace the existing outlet with a small cooker control unit incorporating a

13A switched socket (as on my cooker supply). An electrician informed me that this is not permissible, but my cooker supply incorporates a 13A socket.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

In article , Terry D writes

Is it your intention to keep the connection to the immerser? If so then I would say it is a no-no. While it is your intention to only apply a light load to the socket, that cannot be guaranteed in future and I don't think rules of diversity would be generous enough to allow both loads.

Reply to
fred

You should not run a socket off the immersion supply. However if a single socket was added (just for a dustbuster charger) and used for nothing else no fuses will trip and then if the socket is removed before you sell the house who would know?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth