Cleaning kitchen cabinets

We have glossy white finish kitchen units that attract every greasy splash and mark imaginable. What is the best way to clean them? Mal

Reply to
Mal Travers

Mad question, but have you tried a cloth dampened in your usual washing up bowl?

Reply to
Scott

In article , Mal Travers writes

Citrus oil based cleaners are good at tackling grease residues, they were popular for a while in supermarket products and although they aren't so common now they are still effective and worth looking out for.

If stuck, look at janitorial suppliers.

Reply to
fred

Yes,it takes a lot of elbow grease but tends not to easily remove grease and other strangely coloured splats. When he had Oak finish units Mr Sheen did the job well but now we don't want a polish type cleaner. Mal

Reply to
Mal Travers

Will brows the shelves in Tescoland for something like that. We have been reluctant to use neat cleaners in case of taking the shine off the surface. Talking of Janitorial supplies the caretaker in our building is looking for a cleaner for the matt stainless steel surfaces in our recently replaced lift. The main problem is finger marks on the surfaces. Mal

Reply to
Mal Travers

Reply to
Dafydd

Will try some or even all if necessary. Mal

Reply to
Mal Travers

What about Cillit Bang? I have just used this to remove a curry stain from the worktop.

Reply to
Scott

The quality of washing up liquid makes a big difference. Fairy will remove grease which the various ecobollox and cheap ones won't touch.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Sprits of Salts will remove anything, but wear gloves etc

Reply to
zaax

Nothing in Tesco will do that....

Go to a janitorial supplier & buy a 'hard surface cleaner'.

Don't laugh - Johnson's Baby Oil. It really does work a treat, lots of commercial cleaning companies use it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Does it not leave the surface oily or sticky? We were in a restaurant where the they had rather nice tables but resting your hands on it they felt like they were sticking to it. The owner said that that they used a special oil on them. We bought a packet of Fridge Gem hygienic wipes and tried one on one of the cabinet doors. It cleaned it very well so that will be the method of choice. I am intrigued enough to try the baby oil next time. If it does not work I suppose that I could use it to give my wife a massage:-) Mal

Reply to
Mal Travers