ceramic tile cement.

I mentioned to a friend that I was going to do a small ceramic floor and he gave me a bag of floor tile adhesive. Is there anything special about it? It looks suspiciously like common cement to me.

Reply to
shazzbat

Floor tile adhesive is cement-based, unlike the stuff you use on interior walls.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Yes, but what I meant was is it *just* cement, ie if I used normal cement what would be the difference?

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

I don't know what the composition of it is, but cement tile adhesive is a lot stickier, when mixed, than "just" cement, and therefore better for the job.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster