Central Heating Radiator Calculations ?

I wish to install some central heating radiators in my home and I was advised the other day that the formula for working out the BTU requirements for a room were:-

Find the volume of room:-

Length x Breadth x Height

To convert to BTU's multiply by:-

4 if room has 1 outside wall 6 if room has 2 outside walls 8 if room has 3 outside walls

For a room having 1 outside wall and 1 adjoining party wall, then add 1 so calculation would be:- length x breadth x height x 5

Can anyone verify this for me please.....?

Reply to
the_constructor

"the_constructor" wrote

Use this on line calculator at