carpet and wax

My daughter has candle wax spilled on her white carpet. Can anyone give me advice on how to remove it without staining the carpet. Thank you.

Reply to
Stewart

Put blotting paper or absorbant towel on wax, put iron on low setting then iron over towel / blotting paper.

Reply to
Mike Riley

Dont forget to keep changing the paper as required

Reply to
Mike Riley

Thank you, that will be our second line of attack; firstly we are trying ice packs in plastic bags on the wax and then removing what we can with fingernails, after that we shall try the remainder as you suggest.

Reply to
Stewart

Better than Ice is an old trick we used to use in the pub for getting chewing gum off carpets...

Get hold of a cylinder of compressed gas (in the pub it was CO2 for the lager or soft drinks, compressed air from a SCUBA cylinder would also be ideal).

Aim the nozzle at the offending wax and vent the cylinder (violently!!) - ear protection might be an idea!!

Give it enough to really freeze it then batter the wax with the point of a screwdriver while sucking up the bits with a hoover...

CAS

Reply to
CAS