ADDING SOCKETS INTO GARAGE

HI D. I. Y. ERS!!

I have a garage with double socket in already and small light fitting , i am after adding additionl 2 double sockets to the garage and another light as the garage we have split into 2 rooms ( utility / workshop ) any help please ??

can i run of exsisting socket to other 2 ? also light ??

please any help in good old english would be most greatfull

regards

mark

Reply to
midnighthunter

Yes, it probably could be done fairly easily. I would suggest that you contact a few electricians and get some quotes

- it may be surprisingly less than you think.

How it would be done would depend on what, exactly, you already have.

Your best bet, if you want detailed advice, is to take lots of photos of the existing layout and wiring, put them up on a photo-sharing website and post a link.

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindrome

Hi In theory yes but 'Utility room' suggests washing machine ,tumble drier etc. These are power hungry appliances. Also you do not say where your garage is. Is it attached to the house or remote on the drive? How is the existing socket wired? All these points and more need to be addressed to make useful comments. Check the wiring to the existing socket ,if it is on a ring main then you may be able to extend. Work out the added load for your new sockets and how often they will be used.(all appliances have a loading plate some where with Voltage and Power listed) Loading is usually in Watts calculated by the formula.... watts = volts x current (amps) for ease most assume 1Kw (1000 w) at uk mains is 5A and whilst not exact makes the maths easier.

Repost more info' for a better idea.

HTH

CJ

Reply to