Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Skid Steer Machines
Hi Landscapers and Do it Yourselfers Does anyone with experience in this matter know if a licence is required to operate skid steer machinery in the State of Victoria, Australia? I want to hire a...
1
1

Sheet rock mud on hardboard
I have a room done in 4 X 8 sheets of hardboard, 1/4" thick, from Home Depot. The "rough" side is the room side. The "rough" side has a grain on it about like screen wire. The "slick" side is shiny....
7
7

conservatory
has any one got the instruction manual for the B&Q conservatory SBL1-F i have misslaid mine

Caterpillar's loss is a reprieve for Nature
When millions of caterpillars chew away at cultivated plants they are seen as pests. But, when heavy equipment chews away at wilderness it's called "economic growth." It "creates jobs" but what...
10
10

Source for reverse-threaded (non-bulkhead) PVC fittings for greenhouse?
Does anyone know where I can get standard-size, but reverse threaded PVC fittings (1/2", 3/4", and 1" size)? I'm adapting a PVC greenhouse design, and would need to be able to rotate a series of...
9
9

Raising the ceiling in an existing barn
Hello, I have a project that I have am researching before beginning. I have a 34' x 53' barn that has 7 foot ceilings on the main floor and I want to raise them up to about 11 feet. The joists...
18
18

Does an attic fan need an override switch for a smoke alarm?
I wanted to install an vent fan to cool down the attic. This is 100% attic air. No air sucked in from the living space. The house is in Massachussetts. Contractor says this fan needs an automatic...
3
3

Gas Pipe - how long can I go?
My house is being renovated. Got rid of the oil and switching to gas. Half the house has a crawl space, the other half is on grade (with 10" floor joists). A new gas line will be run from the street....
8
8

Geothermal
I placed a Waterfurnace Geo. system in my house - in June 2008. It was 2 systems - a 2 ton unit and a 4 ton unit. (3600+ sq ft. house) - the A/C cost went down from approx. $400 month to $100 month...
10
10

Washing Machine Pans
While searching the net for a good washing machine pan that fits under both the washer and dryer i found this site: Has anyone bought one of these and if so - do you like it? They look great and up to...

Washing Machine Pans
While searching the net for a good washing machine pan that fits under both the washer and dryer i found this site: Has anyone bought one of these and if so - do you like it? They look great and up to...
6
6

3 part concrete question
1. re: Cast-in-Place concrete. How to insulate a wall when you want the interior/exterior exposed? I.E. such as the Japanese architect Ando, where the cast is meant to be the finished wall. No GWB or...
1
1

How to Insulate Front Door
We have a front door that is a double side-by-side door, and air is slipping through the seam between the two doors. What is the best way to insulate this?
12
12

soundproofing suspended ceilings
Hello, Does anyone have any suggestions on limiting sound transmission through suspended ceilings? I really have two questions: A) in a commercial setup where there is suspended ceiling in use (which...
4
4

Sears Garage Door Opener/ problem closing door
I have an older , Sears, chain operated garage door opener. Mechanically, the door is working fine, but I have a problem with the two safety sensors that beam a light across the bottom edge of the...
10
10