Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mother Earth IS Hemorrhaging
help Surely there is someone here who knows what to do, since itis nothing but a plumbing problem.
2
2

Gable Attic fan
Could someone recommend a good Attic Gable fan? I need to replace my second fan as the fan blade will not turn freely. Replacing an attic fan is a pain. So, I don't want to be doing it again if...
7
7

Porch transformation
This is one serious secret door. In fact, you can hardly call it a door, being it is the entire exterior of a house(!) "Our home sits on a small private grass airstrip on the shores of Lake Harney ...
1
1

Sheet Rock in Outbuilding?
I was going to use osb in my well house/shop but it is up to $14.45 a sheet. I can put in sheet rock for less than 1/2. Question: Will sheet rock be ok in an unheated outbuilding? Thanks,
2
2

Project Management Software
Dear Sir / Madam, I am doing my Master=92s research in the area of Construction Engineering and Management at Universiti Technologi Malaysia. I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time...

Foundation insulation code
Most foam board for the outside permiter of slabs is extruded polystyrene. I do, however, have a bunch of expanded polystyrene board from a previouse job. The manufactures say it works fine, and I...
1
1

PEX Question
If I use a manifold system, can I eliminate individual shut off valves, like under the sink or at the toilet? Is the code man ok with that? What if I use the manifold for an area like one bathroom?...
11
11

Help identify expression
I've stumbled on the following expression: K' = 0.594*delta - 0.18*delta^2 + -0.2088 Does anyone know it comes from? Thanks in advance, Rui Maciel
1
1

insulating a cathedral ceiling
------------------------------------- I have 2x4 built roof trusts that a would like to cathedral out and was wondering how i would properly insulate. Any help would be nice.
4
4

Plumbing Question
I'm roughing in the plumbing for my two story house before pouring the slab. The downstairs bathroom will have a toilet, laundry sink, clothes washer drain and shower. Everything drains to the 3" main...
1
1

Connecting footer rebar with slab rebar
Hi.I have a question about how rebar is supposed to connect in a monolithic slab.I want to put down a 16" grid of #4 rebar in the slab and connect it to a 18"wide x 24" deep there a diagram of this...
5
5

Questions about frost heave ?
This is one subject that I find impossible to understand. Although the theory about having a firm foundation to a point just below the frost line is clear, everywhere I look I see construction of...
5
5

Project Management Software
Dear All, I am doing my Master=92s research in the area of Construction Engineering and Management at Universiti Technologi Malaysia. I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to...

Spring attached to gate
My neighbour had this spring put on the back garden gate by someone, to get it to be self-closing. is not enough compression on it to keep it completely closed and to stop it banging when the wind...
8
8

hauling concrete girders in Illinois (pictures)2007
should be of interest to the readers here... pictures of the concrete girders being hauled through Romeoville Illinois when they built the highway extension that connected I-355 to I-80 these girders...