Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Glass Staircase
I like surfing in net, that time i reach some new design of glass staircase dear friend i am sharing with you this new design of staircase http://bit.ly/cvjyak
2
2

What does MTS stand for?
I've stumbled a lot on the acronym MTS with respect to sample testing. Can anyone tell me what it stands for? Thanks in advance, Rui Maciel

Building a floor question?
Hello, If youare building a 14 x 14 platform can you use 2 x 4's for the joists, if the platform is sitting on a floor, and still put kitchen appliances on it? Would putting the joists closer than 1...
2
2

Electrical code question
I'm building a well house/shop. It is about 150' from where the main house will be. It will have a subpanel that will be fed from the main panel at the house. I will be running 6/3 with ground from...
15
15

Total Home Roofing & Contracting
Total Home Roofing & Contracting has been serving the North Atlanta area for over 10 years. We are fully licensed and insured. Our technicians are certified master craftsman and our crew are skilled...
1
1

Installing 46" TV on dry wall?
As you might understand, my sister has had a house built, and in the basement there's a dry wall, 3/8" or whatever the standard thickness for dry walls is (don't ask me, I am the electrician), and...
13
13

Small Saw Mills vs Store bought lumber
I have some logs I'd like milled but, it seems like you can buy lumber cheaper at the lumber yard than you can have your own logs milled. Or am I missing something? RO
1
1

Economical Pressure Washer ?
I want a very low-cost pressure washer, just for simple things like washing my car, washing siding and gentle washing of my deck. I think I want something that will do about 1500 psi, correct ? Would...
15
15

Cellular concrete - Fly ash
Can anyone here tell me about Cellular Concrete using fly ash - how to make it, what advantages etc I am looking this information for my Asian friend who wants this information Thanks in advance for...
1
1

steel and rebar offer
Dear members, Our company has steel and rebar offer from Turkey and Ukrania. If do you interesting our offers please send me a mail. Please serious buyer. =C4=B0hsan K=C4=B1z=C4=B1l Commercial Broker...
5
5

OSB for interior wall covering
I'm building a well house/shop. In a living space you have to cover the walls with something like sheetrock for fire code, however, in a shop would just osb be ok? Thanks, RO
9
9

Which is "greener"?
Building a new home with state of the art energy-efficient technology or "greenifying" an existing home? It seems to me that you're never going to get as much efficiency out of a renovation, since you...
31
31

REVIT Building Information Modeling Services
Get High quality and low cost REVIT Building Information Modeling by using Revit software and tools. Send your REVIT BIM related requirements to us and save 40%-60% on your Revit BIM Projects! BIM 4D...

Painting "shower panels" as a bathroom wall/ceiling
What is this crazy man talking about????? I know your thinking it! Here is the scoop. The vent fan works somewhat but isn't always used and rarely gets left on long enough to be truly effective. I...
7
7

Appropriate screws for the *sides* of plywood (?)
I was wondering this. It's never ideal of course, but sooner or later for small projects I end up needing to end-screw (side screw?) into a plywood sheet. Is there a "teethier" than normal woodscrew...
11
11