what is 911 on home foundations

Hello

doing a room addition

what sort of foundation can I be expecting the code to exact from me?

addition is 14 x 16 @ the second floor (not underneath)

so Im thinking to use 6 x 6 posts setting on concrete

am I going to need a continuous foundation, or just under the posts

I realize codes are different.. but... this is just a common sense question

Reply to
Barry

Your local code will reflect your local conditions. You didn't say where you were, so any response would be a guess. Might be right, probably wrong.

The more specific information you provide, the more likely you'll get a more specific a.b.c.-quality answer.

BTW, code is not "exacting" anything from you. Code is generally considered the _lowest_ acceptable level of construction. If you don't at least meet code, seems to me that's like pissing on your own shoes.

RicodJour

I second what Rico said. Post & beam may be acceptable in your area, but in the long run you will probably be happier with a poured foundation.

Reply to
Bob Morrison