Wall covering sequence?

IRC standards...

What would you consider to be the proper sequence to apply the following on an exterior wall? Windows are vinyl. Is this correct -- from inside to outside:

7/16" OSB Sheathing Window (flange) Water barrier - that 6" wide sticky stuff - around the window flange Tyvek 1" Polystyrene Foam Stucco (El Rey)

My concern is should the Tyvek be put up before installing the windows. That would put the water barrier being stuck to the Tyvek. ( I normally silicone caulk the flange to the OSB.)

Also, with the Tyvek being behind an impervious layer of foam, what purpose is the Tyvek serving? (It IS required!)

Thanks in advance.

-Doug

Reply to
DouginUtah

If you're messin with that stuff, I'd check out the manufacturer's website ...

Under "Stucco Products" they've got a pretty good description of their recommended installation.

Reply to
crhras