Treated wood or Not?

I'm building the floor system for a screened in porch. Rectangular in shape. CMU support walls all around. I'd like to use a wood floor system with treated 3/4" plywood, then Durock, and finish it with a tile of some type.. The ledger boards are treated, of course, but I'm wondering if the 2x joists need to be as well. I mean, this is really no different than any other room. or is it? The joists here shouldn't be any more susceptible to attack than the rest of the house.

Reply to
jam6444

If the porch is not subject to moisture then PT joists are probably not required. However, if it is a small area you might want to consider using PT material just to be safe. The additional cost will be nominal if the area is small.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

Also, how close are they to the dirt? If you don't have the code required 18" or whatever it is, then I would play it safe and use treated. Like Bob says, the cost of treated is minor--why not play it safe?

Reply to
marson