Toilet flush releases water too fast

Hello All:

The flush in my toilet releases the water too fast. In fact, I usually get the water spill out sometimes.

I am wondering if I can somehow get the hole at the bottom of the tank restricted a bit, if it'll solve the problem.

Other solutions are also appreciated.

Thanks,

Deguza

Reply to
Kompu Kid

Where are you located (which country?)

Two things come to mind, you have mis-matched tank/toilet, and

There is a restriction in the toilet's pipe to the sewer.

Your risk is that if you restrict the flow of water, you'll have situations when you have to flush multiple times to get the big ones to go out... Then a day will come when even multiple flushes don't work, and then things get, shall we say... messy?

Reply to
PeterD

My guess is a restricted drain pipe. Could be the trap in the toilet that is partly blocked. Or a blocked vent pipe (maybe).

Do any other drains in the house or bathroom drain slow?

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Hello Randy:

The drain pipe is actually OK. It drains in a normal way. It is the amount of water and how fast it comes from the tank is the problem.

It may also be a problem with the design of the toilet.

Since I wrote about the issue, I lengthened the chain that lift s the flap to release the water from the tank. This lifts the flap a bit less, and less water is released. So it is not as bad as it is used to be, and less water sprays out.

However, now you have to hold the flush lever to release the full tank.

Deguza

Reply to
Kompu Kid

Hello Peter,

I am in San Jose, California, USA.

Toilet's pipe to the sewer is not restrcited. I probably did not explain the situation by using the word "spill". What actually happens is that the water comes down so fast that some small amount shoots back out.

What I have seen with some other toilets is that water comes down smoothly and goes around the toliet before going down. I guess these toilets are designed to send the water to the side and top to get this effect.

Regards,

Deguza

Reply to
Kompu Kid