Router templates

I would like to cut several exact pieces of thin wood (approx 22) using a router. Any suggestions on how to make the template or how to seal it to the wood underneath? Any websites? Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks Jeff

Reply to
<doccook

anne

I think 22 is the quantity of pieces he is going to mill.

There are hundreds of router craft websites which illustrate template use including the use of pilot bits, bushings and other techniques.

Templates are often secured to the cut piece with two sided tape. Clamping is a pain in the ass because you have to make sure the clamps are out of the path of the router which translates to a much bigger template than necessary and awkward handling of the router.

Start here:

Reply to
John Reddy

I assume that you want to stack all the pieces together and rout them all at once as if it were one piece. I haven&#39;t done it with a router, but with a band saw, and they were 1" thick (3/4"). How thin are your pieces? I used double sided tape to stick them all together. The double sided tape is pretty strong, as I had to pry the pieces apart afterwards.

Reply to
Willshak