Mixing water and electricity?

I'm building a "utility" room to put a hot water heater in the workshop. Is it permissable and/or okay codewise to put a water heater and an electrical panel in the same room? The little room is only going to be about 5X5.

JC

Reply to
J.C.

fwiw, I'm in Ontario ... to the left is the panel, to the right of that is the gas line in, the gas furnace and it's air intake and exhaust, and to the right of the furnace is the electric hot water heater ... about 8' from one end to the other ... and the area is enclosed in a room about 10" x 6' with a door ... oh yeah, all (panel, furnace, water heater, ... ) have passed inspection :-)

Reply to
bowgus

Thanks, I'm probably going to put it all in that little room.

JC

Reply to
J.C.

If you're in the US, the National Electrical Code requires 30" of clear space on either side of the electric panel and 36" of clear space in front of the electric panel to a height of 6'6". It also prohibits pipes or ducts of any other system crossing horizontally above or below the plane of the panel. Might be hard to squeeze it all in a room that small.

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

Thanks

Reply to