Insulation and venting

According to the code here in Oregon the kraft facing MUST go against the drywall ceiling panel. There's no additional fire risk since the drywall panel has paper covering anyway. This means, however, that you have to strip off the kraft insulation facing if you're going to have any "dropped" ceiling areas (like we had in our kitchen for soffit lights) The kraft facing can't be hanging out in mid-air or there might be a fire risk.

Reply to
jerry

on 9/14/2009 10:57 AM (ET) mawillif wrote the following:

:

If you are putting the paper facing down between the joists and against the ceiling sheetrock, it is not exposed.

Reply to
willshak