Gas Boilers and Gas Bottles in Spain

We have a floor mounted oil boiler in an outside well ventilated store in Spain (1.1m x 1.1m with 1 wall fully louvred) and the 1000ltr oil tank in the adjacent store 1.1m x 2m again with 1 long wall fully louvred.

The oil boiler has been nothing but trouble, and we're about out of oil, so are looking to take out both boiler and tank and replace with a gas boiler with a series of coupled gas bottles, both being in the original rooms as before.

Our Spanish builder and plumber / gas engineer have said that there is a minimum distance of 5m between the gas bottles and the boiler which seems ridiculous, especially as there is a 100mm solid wall between the two stores.

Any one else had a similar experience or been given a smaller dimension?

Any reference to legislation I can look up will assist no end?

I keep reading about dimensions of 1.4 - 1.5m which we can easily do but can't translate enough to get a full understanding The builders want to build a new store for the bottles which will be both costly and unsightly as it will have to be on the front of the house.

All advice welcomed and appreciated.

Reply to
Alan

Well, around here (the USA, specifically New Hampshire) we have minimum distances based on a number of factors, such as minimum distace from the building for the storage tanks (based on size, more than about 450 ltrs must be about 10 meters from the building for example.)

The issue here is building codes, and I suspect that the same is true in Spain. I'd ask whatever agency that does the inspections what they require, however around here the suppliers also know all the regulations (they need to know them for their license) and give good advice.

Reply to
PeterD