Electircal Outlet Box Question

Prior to my remodel, I ordered some, actually more than "some", quad metal boxes along with the usual assortment of duplex boxes, mostly metal. I now find myself with a bunch of the quads and very few duplexes.

So, I have this question...

I know I could order or purchase more duplex boxes but is there any reason I could not use the quad metal boxes in place of the duplex outlets and use some of the duplex mud-rings I have to make the quad box a duplex? I see no reason not, but I thought I would ask first.

Oh, the walls are all open so there is not problem with the actual installation, it's the usage I'm asking about.

Does this question make sense?

Reply to
GreenGA

I don't know if you should or not. It will make you wish you had used the bigger boxs throughout.

Reply to
Glenn

No problem. Knock yourself out.

RicodJour

Yeah...

With all that space in there, I could install a..., I was going to say "swimming pool" but thought better of it. ;)

I was c> I don't know if you should or not. It will make you wish you had

Reply to
GreenGA

I switch *every* light circuit (incandescent) with dimmers (slide type) and that extra space would be nice to poke all the wire and body into.

Reply to
Glenn