Do people still use nails?

I've heard that builders are starting to use glue exclusively instead of nails.
I guess its a cost savings. The builder I visited last week said there were
less than 100 nails in the home that he just built. I find this hard to believe.
Reply to
Bob Twain
I guess my first response is to ask for a link to a site with the technology on it. I think you'll find the builder was stretching facts a tiny bit saying he used fewer than 100 nails however.
Reply to
PeterD
I would love to see it? And is it built with nominal lumber or styro-foam panels? Very interesting. Ferris Fiber Fasteners.....the modern nail, developed by the inventor of the Ferris Wheel. john
I've heard that builders are starting to use glue exclusively instead of nails. I guess its a cost savings. The builder I visited last week said there were less than 100 nails in the home that he just built. I find this hard to believe.
Reply to
jloomis

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in