Best railing height for old-fashioned-looking front porch (WAS: Okay to have different window styles?)

I take photos of porch railings when I see great historic examples. My experience has shown me that the stock railings seem to be spindly-looking. Perhaps modern methods require manufacturing the railings to be thinner.

Reply to
housemouse.net

About the link ... links appear to me with a series of dots in the middle. I have to click on those, and answer a skill testing question :-) in order for the link to appear in full (am I interested in finding out more about that? Not right now).

Reply to
bowgus

"bowgus" wrote in news:1160223477.959892.260160 @h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Hmmmm, perhaps similar brain structure, and therefore similar function, in the Corpus Beerosum...

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"bowgus" wrote in news:1160236292.439833.202190 @i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

HEY! A built-in snack-dish/chip-bowl area and towel-hanger (for hot days) conveniently located right under the beer shelf! Cool =:-D !

Reply to
Kris Krieger