Bathtub walls

Hello, Anybody familiar with this product?

Pro's? Con's? Better options?

Current bathtub walls have 26 year old tile. Looking to upgrade / refresh the walls.

This seems like a good option, no seams / grout lines except the corners and around the faucet fixtures. Installation seems straight forward.

Will be upgrading the faucet, so it seem like a good time to do this.

TIA

Reply to
M.Adair

As they don't tell you what it's made out of, I'd be leery. A reputable product will give you detailed information on what it's made out of. The only reference to its construction is "Swanstone is a reinforced, compression molded, solid surface material so it is five times stronger than other solid surface materials and heat resistant up to 450°." (...."five times stronger than other solid surface materials"... are they saying 5x then plywood, steel, glass, china, fiberglass, etc.) Something wrong when they are this deliberately ambiguous.

If it were me, I'd write them and ask for a sample. (I think their hiding something.) Ask it the product is listed by NSF and any other nationally recognized testing laboratory.

Better yet vist your local Lowe's, Menard or builders supply store and look at what's avaliable in person. There are a lot of products you might be better satisified with.

Reply to
Dennis

I have used a product like this over here in Blighty. You can get some very nice textures/colours. I think it will catch on too. It goes up nice & is easy to work with but do the job properly & take the tiles off the wall & prepare the surface first chaps! Regards, K.

Reply to
Capt. Beefheart

What's it made out of? Is it thich or heavy?

Reply to
Dennis

I have one their sample packs with all the colors they have and I have seen the panels. I visited one the dealers here that sell this.

The panels are 1/4" thick, colors go all the way through. To me it looks like Corian.

I will try to investigate some more.

Thanks,

Reply to
M.Adair

FYI A little more research on their site would have gotten you this info:

that wasn't so hard, was it?

Reply to
Ron

Wise ass. Yea I read that. Standard NSF/ANSI testing. (Done a lot of it myself on plastic bathtubs.)

So .... what's it made out of?

Reply to
Dennis