Can we fill in the unneeded ductwork in a concrete slab?

We have a ranch house with no basement, on a concrete slab foundation. The duct work is in the slab. We are planning to convert to a mini-split HVAC system. There is no convenient way to remove the duct work from the slab. Can it be filled in with something....such as concrete??

Reply to
Joan

Yes, Although I would probably opt to put a 1/4" diamond plate on each end as a less expensive solution. It can be sealed to the existing slab with silicone and bolts or screws and anchors.

Reply to
stanhvac1