Are Carrier (Bryant) having as much trouble as I read of on Consumer Affairs?

I need a new HVAC . Used Carrier/Bryant 42 years--Bryant lasted 25 years and Carrier 17. But have seen so much controversy about them lately.. I am almost 80 years old , can anyone give me a correct answer of these or any other brand that is good and stands behind their word.

Sick of looking.

Reply to
Flustrated home owner