wood floor scuff

My wood floor has a 10x½ inch scuff from a wrought iron chair. Should I use a bit of paint thinner or sand paper and then touch it up with more polyurethane???

thanks, bonnie

Reply to
BonnieJean

Do you mean a scratch (single) or scuffing (plural), like the chair has been moving back and forth for a while?

Reply to
570-622-6441

One scuff/scratch but it is wide, about ½ inch so it is visible.

bonnie

Reply to
BonnieJean

I would be interested if this works out ok. I am about to do the whole floor because of half a dozen scratches/scuffs but if I could get away just doing those few places I'd be much happier.

Reply to
Dawn